Thursday, January 13, 2011

Homekeeper’s Journal ~ 1/12

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about TIME……





In My Winter Kitchen its time to ……….
 Clean and organize the few cabinets I have.  Five to be exact!  With so few cabinets I have to keep them organized and clean.  We have adjusted by putting up four shelves in the laundry room for cleaning supplies, storage containers, and over-stock goods.  I'm also fortunate to have a china cabinet to keep my dishes (since I don't own china).

My biggest Time-Waster seems to be ……..
 Playing games.  I've cut down the number I play so I can get things done.  Otherwise I would probably spend all the time I have between getting home and hubby getting up doing silly things.

I do/do not view Time as a gift from God and here is why……
I definitely do view it as a gift from God. At the time I came back to the Lord, I lost everything in my house (and the house) to a fire.  My youngest son was 15 years old, and home alone on a school break.  If not for our animals, he may have perished in that fire too.  Time is a very precious gift.  We do not know how much we have here and need to use it wisely.

When others are slow or dawdle I ………
try to show patience.  I will admit it actually depends on the situation (and, a lot, on my mood).  I try to have patience with older people, or those with a disability.  However, if it is just rude people hogging an aisle, I can loose my patience easily.
One way that I make good use of time in my household is …..
 Making a do-able, but flexible list of daily "duties", or schedule.  I have to be flexible, because I never know when I'll get off work on time.  Since there are other days when I may be sent home early, I try to be available, without letting go of the important things.  I also try to do most of my housework while my husband is at work, or sleeping.  We have so little time together, I don't want to spend that time doing things that do not involve him.

For more HomeKeeper’s Journals, please visit The Christian HomeKeeper.






No comments: