Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thinking about Christmas Cards.

Today I received in my email a post from Keeping the Kingdom first:
6 Ways to Save Money on Christmas Cards

This brought prompted my thought as to where I hid the cards I bought in one of the after Christmas sales last year. (number three on the above post. make sure you click on the link and check out the rest!)

I wanted to add what our church does:

We have "mailboxes", one for each letter of the alphabet, in which we place our cards for each other (placed in the letter for last name). This saves the postage we would have spent mailing them to each other.

We also have a "bank" in which each family gives as the Lord prompts. The money we save on postage can go there and then is donated to a needy family within the church or community.

No comments: