Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Friends


You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
~John 15:14-15


Iris from Grace Alone started this week's Thankful Thursday with the thought that Jesus calls us His friends. I, too, agree that this is something to be very thankful for. With a friend like Jesus in our corner, we need not fear anything!

So, my list (a short version) this week:

  • I'm thankful for having such a friend in Jesus. (doesn't that bring a song to your mind? Or, maybe I've spent to much time in Children's Ministry?)
  • I'm thankful for my husband, Eddie, whom really is my best friend in the world. I am very blessed to have a husband who truly loves, worships, and follows Jesus!
  • I thankful for long time friends who I can call or email anytime. Wendy knows everything about me, and still calls me friend after over 30 years. Such friends you can't see very often because of the miles and other life circumstances, but they are always there for you.
  • I'm thankful for Internet friends, such as Gidget, Moon, and Lisa. I know I can email (and some call), with anything and they are there, praising, praying, or crying with me. Again, I am very blessed.
  • Last (on this list), is all the friends (sister and brothers) in Christ whom I have not "met" but run across from time to time on their blogs or message boards. Having a common faith in Jesus is always about friendship.

1 comment:

Jenny B. Jones said...

Love your idea of a Thankful Thursday. I have started a gratitude journal many many times over. And I don't mean I fill it and keep starting new ones. I mean I do a few days...and then get busy and forget. Let it go.

Great reminder!