Friday, January 30, 2009

Quetion of the week #4


Do you prefer reading Bibles in paperback, hardback, or leather?
  • For the most part, I like leather best. It holds up longer and is just a more comfortable feel in my hands. I do own all types though. When I worked at the thrift store, I would purchase any that would have been thrown out. I just couldn't see throwing out a perfectly good Bible because the person loved it enough to write notes in the margins or highlight passages.
Do you prefer red letter or black letter?
  • I've not given much thought to the red letter/black letter idea. I guess for me, it would depend on the type size and font. I have very poor vision. I like a dark, bold, larger type. That's my only preference.
Do you have a favorite translation of the Bible? Why? What is it that you love?
  • I don't really have a "favorite" I use the NIV a lot, because my favorite study Bible is NIV. However, I have found that I also enjoy the NASB and NKJV as well. I prefer something in a "modern" language. I did not grow up in a Christian home, reading the Bible. I have a hard time wrapping my head about the KJV, though there are many passages that I have memorized in King James. There are also passages that just plain sound better in King James. When I'm teaching the kids in Sunday School and Children's Church, I use the NIrV, because my kids are usually four to six years old. So, you see, I use many translations, and I love them all!
Do you prefer reading text-only Bibles? Or do you prefer reading study Bibles?
  • For the most part, I enjoy a good study Bible. If I'm just looking up a passage, I use the text only. I also use the text only in my children's classes. But, for my daily readings, I use a study Bible, that way I can look up the notes while I'm reading to capture some insight I may have missed before.
Do you have a favorite study Bible?
  • I do. My favorite is the Life in the Spirit study Bible. I purchased this when we started our current church five years ago. This poor Bible has been through so much since that it's actually falling apart. My dear husband has repaired it three times for me. It now sits on my nightstand to keep it from further damage.



No comments: