Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Question of the Week #24




This week's question...this week's question comes from Worthwhile Books.
At what age did you earnestly start to read the Scriptures? What motivated you?
My answer:
Honestly, not until I was almost 40.
This is part of my testimony, but...
On March 31, 1999, the house my boys and I were living in at the time caught fire. (believed to be faulty wiring in the kitchen). My youngest son, then 13, was home alone. I was at work, and my older son was at school. (different schools, different spring break schedules)
Whle we lost everything we had but the clothes on our backs, the Lord spared my son's life. I knew I had strayed far from HIM. I still feel this was his was of getting my attention. It still took me over a year to get a Bible and start reading it earnestly. But, praise Him, I did and have never had greater joy in my life.


No comments: