Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Question of the week #29


How do you balance reading Christian books--bibles, nonfiction, fiction--with your other reading? Does your Christian reading get pushed to the side at times? Why or why not?
My answer:
I actually just read whatever I have available. Right now I'm about out of Christian non-fiction to read, and my local library has a poor selection and is slow to get them. Since I'm only able to access my email a couple of times a week, I've but my "paperbackswap" account on hold, so I won't be ordering anything soon either. I don't feel right ordering books, when I'm not able to send any out at this time.
That said, I prefer Christian books, because I can avoid the language found in most fiction these days. I also like the scripture references found in most Christian books.

No comments: