Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quick update

Well, I've been MIA for a couple of weeks.
Eddie and I have been dealing with a small disappointment, and I'm ashamed to say I've gone into my shell for a couple of weeks.

We traveled to Wichita, Kansas on May 10, 2009. We met with a few members of the Kansas District office for the Assemblies of God. Background - Eddie has been taking classes through Global University in hopes of obtaining his Ministerial Certificate by the end of this year. Most know that both Eddie and I have been married previously. We are a blended family. - Anyway, we met with three members on Monday, May 11, 2009, in hopes of receiving the okay to apply for certification through the Assemblies. This was a no go. Seems they did not agree that his previous marriages/divorces were pre-conversion.

Anyway, that's my excuse. I'm still working through this. We both know this does not change God's plan for our lives. We also know that a piece of paper does not actually mean a person is more qualified. However, as humans, we are still hurt. We feel like we both have this big scarlet letter on our foreheads, like we are damaged goods or something.

So, in short, we need your prayers to continue to work through the disappointment. As of now, I've put my plans to start working towards being a children's pastor on hold as well. No sense in spending the money on the classes if I cannot get licensed, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I've been mostly MIA myself and haven't been keeping in touch like I should. Truly sorry that they were so closed minded. ((Sherry))