Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Question of the Week 7


Do you like listening to sermons? Have you ever subscribed to sermon podcasts? Have you ever listened to sermons on the radio? Do you have any favorites?
What resources (if any) have you found on the web that you'd like to share?






I love listening to sermons on the radio. I have a few favorites. My first is Adrian Rogers' Love Worth Finding. Our local station, KSRD, plays his spot at 10:30 AM, which is usually very convenient for us. I love listening to Pastor Rogers, because he bases his sermons on actual Biblical truth and does not hold any punches. The earth lost a great man when he passed from this world into God's Kingdom.

I don't often listen to podcasts on my own, but my husband does, and I'm often in the same room when he does. The most common, and favorite is Chuck Missler of Koinonia House. He speaks directly from the Bible and gets into great depth and discussion. His broadcast, 66/40, is on at 11:30 AM and again at Midnight.

In addition to the links listed above, I love Bible Gateway for passage and topical searches, as well as commentary help. Then there is the Assembly of God main site for church related help.

This is not an exclusive list, I teach children on Sundays, so I have a separate folder just for those sites. My all time favorite is Danielle's Place. Lots of lessons, crafts and games. (some require a subscription, but well worth the small fee!) I also use Sermons 4 Kids as well. With our church being so small (less than fifty), I provide all my lessons, materials, snacks, etc. Without such sites as these, I'm sure my class would be quite boring!


No comments: