Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Forgive me, it has been forever since I've made time to write these out. I do thank the Lord daily for many things, but I believe we are to share our praises with others as well.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.
~Psalm 100:4 NIV



I have so many things to be thankful for, it's hard to know where to begin sometimes. These are in no specific order, just as the Lord brings them to mind:

  • We had some friends over for dinner sunday evening and had a great time of fellowship. We met this couple through our church over five years ago. I thank the Lord for Christian friends that understand our faith and love the Lord as we do.
  • I praise God that this same couple has found a new church home that meets the needs of their family
  • I thank the Lord for my husband. He drives me crazy at times (and I'm sure I drive him crazy more often than that). My husband is a strong believer, a true friend, and a true romantic. We were not able to afford anything for Valentine's Day this year, but while I was working he put together an awesome slide show to music for me. Isn't he the sweetest?
  • I praise the Lord I have a job, especially during these times, and in our little town. I may not enjoy my job, but it's really not hard. I'm thankful to have an income to help pay our bills.
  • I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I can come to Him at any time with any request and He is there for me. He provides all my needs and is my strength.
Please visit Iris at Grace Alone for more Thankful Thursdays

No comments: