Thursday, February 26, 2009

Question of the Week #8


Sorry I'm late on this again, I've been really sick to my stomach all week. Please keep me in prayer. I'm going to see the doctor Friday morning.

Do you participate in Lent? Do you give up anything for Lent? If so, what? Why? What do you hope to gain from Lent this year? I don't know if 'gain' is the right word...what I'm asking is what are your goals this year, what are you hoping to accomplish or learn? Do you think that Lent is important? Or not so much?

My answer: No, we do not participate in Lent, so, no we don't give anything up for this season. (For a description of Lent click here) It's not a big deal in our home or church. For us, the big one is Passion Week. I have never set a specific goal for just this season either, just never thought about it.

Please visit Becky at "Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're a Protestant family, but we celebrate Lent. Last year I gave up snapping at my kids, and if I did, then I had to apologize. It was hard but it taught me a lot about my parenting. This year I'm making a point of doing something nice for each of my children each day. Again, the Lord is using it to show me some truths about me.

Sherrylinn said...

What an awesome idea Kim! I love this and will share with my church family. Thank you for the idea.

God Bless!
Sherry