For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
~ John 3:16
Today Iris choose life -both physical and spiritual- as this week's theme. A more perfect theme (to me) could not be found after the loss of my friend on Tuesday. I tried to find another scripture to use, since Iris also used this, but, there is no more perfect verse for my thoughts today. I also choose the King James Version because that's how I quote it. (I memorized this at the age of ten. And, please, this is not the time or place for a debate on which translation one should use!)
- I am thankful for my physical life. I have all I need, a home, a job (soon), food, water, air, car (that is paid for), and most importantly, a wonderful husband and family.
- I am thankful that my Lord and Savior willingly suffered and died on that cross for a sinner like myself. Without this precious gift, I would die and go to hell, as I so deserve. But, because Jesus shed His blood, I've confessed my sins, and accepted his free gift believing in Him, I will join not only my friend Tosha, but many other saints some day on the streets of Heaven.
- I can thankful to have known Tosha for the few (five) years I was able. She was a strong, loving, vibrant women who loved Jesus with all her heart.
- I am thankful for my church family. As small as we are, we are full of love for each other and the community. I would not make it through times like this without like minded believers who understand my pain and yet joy at the same time.
- I am thankful that I live in a country where I can voice my beliefs freely and worship my Lord when I wish. (I pray this continues in the future)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
~ Philippians 4:13
Please stop by Iris' spot for more Thankful Thursdays