Thursday, April 9, 2009

Did the world stop where you are?


Sorry, I just couldn't resist the question.
Those that know me, know I don't cook very often. My hubby and I agreed before we got married that he would cook, I would clean. (It works for us!)
I just couldn't let two pounds of hamburger go bad. Especially with our finances as bad as they are. (we pulled it out of the freezer sunday to make dinner that night and ended up just snacking because we were feeling lazy) So, I hunted down a recipe, followed directions I remembered from a post at A Call to Higher Places.

Here's the recipe I followed:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
8 oz cheddar cheese
1 c. quick oats
1 med onion chopped finely
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 lbs ground beef
1 1/3 c ketchup
1 c packed brown sugar
3 tsp prepared mustard

In a large bowl beat eggs and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion, salt and garlic powder. Add beef and mix well. Shape into balls and place in greased muffin tins. (I placed tins on baking sheets to catch any run off grease or glaze). Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spoon over each loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Let cool and then place in freezer bags according to serving sizes for your family.

No comments: