Friday, October 3, 2008

I've been MIA

Well, I've been MIA for a few days. I've been spending my free time surfing the web looking for ideas on getting our home organized as well as just general tips on homemaking itself. You would think that at my age, I would have this stuff down. Guess again! Honestly, my first marriage was anything but God-Centered. Then you have the decade I spent raising the boys myself. I spent most of that time eking out an existence and trying to keep my sanity while dealing with my boys' disabilities. The Lord finally got my full attention March 31, 1999. A year and a half later, he brought Eddie into my life, and, well, the rest is history. (guess I should type out my testimony at some point)

Anyway, here I am, in my late forties and just starting to embrace making a home. It really does make a difference when you have someone whom you love, and loves you right back. Not to mention putting God first in our lives. I've always been a stubborn child, doing things my way, and when I want. It's a wonder God hasn't given up on me. Isn't that the most awesome thing? As a mother, I know what it's like to love my children, to watch them grow, fall, and pick themselves up again. Nothing I feel comes close the the love the Lord has for us. No matter how many times I fall, or do my things my way, HE is always there to catch my tears, to embrace me, pick me up, or smile with me. What a precious gift He gives us.

This verse comes to mind today for some reason. I guess it makes sense, each person has a season, and I have found mine:

“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.”
-Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear your testimony sometime.

I sent you a card and addressed it to you and your hubby. I'm afraid I may have called him Ed. I can't remember for the life of me. If so, I'm sorry! My brain isn't always here lately.