Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Random thoughts

I'm a little bit more ADD today than usual. My thoughts continue to run through my head at a rapid pace. One thought in particular comes over and over again: "Why do I feel so distant from You, my Lord, this week?"

Distance can be several things-Am I distancing myself due to some sin (know or unknown)? Am I too busy to stop and listen? Am I being tested? What can it be?

I know today I've been too "busy" to stop and listen. This is a common mistake, and I wish I knew why I keep doing it. I think I have to run, run, run or search, search, search. (rolling my eyes now) One of my favorite Bible passages is Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Yet I have so many days like today, where I forget this very passage. If I cannot take time to stop and talk with my Lord, Jesus, how can I expect Him to help me through these things? I need His strength to accomplish my needs.

During times of distance one can begin to wonder if Jesus really is with us. (yes, we know He is deep down, but don't forget that we are also humans, and the enemy loves to put doubt in our minds) During those times I try to remember Matthew 28:20 "... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I'm still having a hard time putting my thoughts together, so this is a good time to stop and pull out my Bible. Reading Psalms and Proverbs always helps me at times like these. I pray we all have a better, more rested, and more focused day tomorrow.

You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. Acts 10:36

3 comments:

My Life. My Story. My Chaos. said...

hahahaha....sorry, couldn't get past your ADD comment...uh, yes, your ADD :) Now, I'll finish reading the post.

I like you, BTW.

Sherrylinn said...

You are a turd miss Gidg! Remember, I'm much older than you, doesn't that mean I'm wiser? LOL

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that Gidge is equally loving to all her friends. ;)