Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Praise and Coffee Tuesday

After spending my afternoon updating my address book with the information I will need to start job hunting, I finally remembered to jump over to Praise and Coffee for Tuesday's meme. Today we need to pray for the women married to non believers or to one who is backslidden. I want to share a small amount of "our story".

I met my husband on the Internet. (as soon as you are done gasping, I'll continue... ; )

We talked online for some time before we talked on the phone, and, finally, met in person. One of the questions I waited to ask him in person was "Do you believe in God? Do you have a relationship with him?" He said yes to both. : ) This was true, to a point. Now, my walk was shaky, as I was just coming back after a long bend in the road. The one thing my husband hid from me (well) before we got married was how much he drank. (I believe he hid this because I had already stated how much I disliked alcohol because my father is an alcoholic, as is my ex) Anyway, this became very apparent after we married. Of course, then it was too late. I'm married, and I meant every word of my vows. So, after "meeting" some wonderful friends at a website for Christian Wives, I learned about a book called "The Power of A Praying Wife". I believe that reading this book, which taught me how to pray for myself, my husband, and my marriage, kept me going for the first five years of my marriage.

Today, I'm proud to say my husband hasn't had anything to drink in over three years. He willingly serves at our church, and is taking classes to become (we hope and pray) licensed and then ordained. I'm beyond proud of him and look up to him for all he has (and will continue to) accomplish.

Lord, I come to you today to thank You not only for Your love, grace, and mercy. I thank You for giving me such a wonderful husband and a very blessed marriage. I lift up each and every spouse that is living with a nonbeliever or one who has become backslidden. We know it is your will that each and every person come to You and accept Your gift of salvation. May these spouses be the witness for You. Soften the hearts and minds of their loved ones to accept Your message. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubby would be one of those you are praying for then. He prayed for salvation soon after meeting me (we met online too...which I think you already knew lol)but there has been absolutely no change and no fruit. I've come to believe that it was a prayer from the head but not the heart, if that makes sense? I'm using the POPW book right now to pray daily for him. I know that in time, God's time, it will happen. I married him believing him to be a Christian but now...he's a great guy who knows about God, who does believe about God, but who has yet to give his life to Him. After years of being the head of the household and spiritual leader (and failing miserably), I'm back in a marriage where I have to pick up those roles again. It isn't easy, is it? Yet your story and Gidge's recent events give me hope and I know that God is good and He doesn't want to lose a single one of us. My hubby included. :)

My Life. My Story. My Chaos. said...

You two are just cool...weird, but cool.

I'm praying for you all!

Blessed Among Women said...

That is such a wonderful testimony!! My Daddy hadn't been to church since 1973 and this past year he started going. We had been praying for him and my Mother just kept loving him. He got saved and has been doing so great!! God is so good!