Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bible in 90 days - where are you?

In this post Mom's Toolbox asks these two questions:


1. Why did you decide to read the Bible in 90 days and why are you sticking to it?

2. Have you seen any change in your life as a result of this commitment? If so, what?

My answers:

I originally decided to take the Read the Bible in 90 days challenge because I wanted to be held accountable for my reading/study periods. I enjoy reading the Bible - most of it. I admit there are parts I just don't enjoy - you know, the names I cannot pronounce, all the numbers and lineage. But, it is God's Word, and everything is in this Book for a reason. One of my goals this year is to work harder on my relationship with my Savior, and reading His Book is one very good way to do that (prayer being number two). I'm sticking with this, because this is my top priority now, and always. Without Jesus' love and sacrifice, this life is nothing!


I've seen subtle changes in my life, as a result of the work Jesus is doing in me. Most of the time I am happier (I do battle depression daily). I want to represent the Love of Christ to each person I meet. I am more patient and not as quick to react to outside struggles. The place I work is stressful at times, and more than ninety percent of my coworkers are not believers. I need the Lord's help just to get through the day without throwing things! I have found that each day I'm feeling a little better about things.


If you are one that is struggling, please let me know. I'll add your name to my prayer list. Please do not give up. I've done that in the past. While it's a struggle to fit in the time to read this much material each day, you will find it worth it in the long run. The only idea I have for you is try breaking up the reading into smaller sections, especially when you get to those dry parts. When I find my mind wandering, I get up and get a fresh glass of water (or something), and send up a small prayer. This helps me quite a bit.



No comments: