Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Read Through the Bible in 90 Days: Day Three


As you can tell, I'm behind in my blogging (as usual!). I am, however, up to date with my reading, which, of course, is what counts!
Day three takes us from Genesis 28:20 to Genesis 40:11. Here are some of my thoughts:



  • While things can divert God's will - sins, mistakes, etc. - Nothing can defeat God's will. HE will provide other channels to carry out His ultimate will. (Laban deceived and cheated Jacob many times, but, ultimately Jacob did take his family and settle in Shecham.
  • A question I had: "Did God allow Jacob to be deceived b Laban so he could understand the deceit he caused his father?" I know the Lord forgives our sins, but He still disciplines us, because He is a loving Father.
  • As humans, we want instant success and gratifications. But, God knows that tests and trials (and sometimes suffering) help us grow not only in strength and wisdom, but faith. We need to be reminded that we rely on God, not our own strength. - Using Joseph as an example - Joseph was faithful to God and victorious over temptation, but he was sold as a slave and then put in prison for that faithfulness.

No comments: