Friday, January 1, 2010

Read Through the Bible in 90 Days: Day One


Okay, it's officially the new year, time to "start new" and make resolutions. I don't usually make resolutions upon the new year, as I found earlier in life I'm just not good at long range goals. (you know...loose 25 pounds by a date, organize the house by such and such date...) This year, however, I've make two resolutions.

  • Spend more time with God both in reading/study time as well as prayer time. (Both written and "out-loud" prayers)
  • Work harder on becoming a true help-meet to my husband.
So, for resolution one, I'm joining in with Mom's Toolbox to Read the Bible in 90 Days.
Day one's reading was the first 12 pages of the Bible in 90 Days Bible, or Genesis, chapters 1-16.

Here are some of my thoughts:
  • The story of creation reveals God's creativity, majesty, and love. Most awe-inspiring to me is that God spoke everything into being, except man. He took the time to form Adam in His likeness and then breathed life into him! Wow!
  • Cain represents the hardness that appears when the heat is on and consequences set in, and we do not accept responsibility for our actions. Instead we should identify sin, confess it, avoid it at all costs, and refrain from it. Do not dwell on things that God has forgotten!
  • God wants us to be like Noah. Stand up against sin, at all costs, even if we are alone. (Pray for friends whom will stand with you)
  • Abram, a man of faith. He head out, from the land of his fathers, at the age of 75, having no idea where he was headed, but knew God would provide and keep His promise to make Abram the father of many nations.
I have more notes, but these are the key points for me.
What did you gleam from your reading today?

No comments: