Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Please, keep it to yourself!

What is it with some people that they just have to share everything with anyone whom will listen? Part of my job entails listening and a great deal of patience (which in my case, only comes from the Lord). Since the mission of Goodwill is to "help the disabled and disadvantaged get and keep jobs", many of the people come to the store to be evaluated for ability to listen to and follows instructions as well as motor skills. Some make it, some do not. Some are very quiet and some are very chatty. Honestly, very little surprises me when it comes to dealing with our evaluees. Some are mentally disabled, some physically disabled, some just down on their luck and having a hard time finding a job. Whatever it is, we try to help. (this is one of the reasons I have stayed here through thick and thin)

Today, however, was my first experience with one of them calling me on the phone and telling me all about bodily functions. Now, this phone call actually started out as an apology for having to leave early. Okay, I appreciate that, but please stop there! Wow.....

I'm not sure what the lesson is from this one, but whatever it is, I hope I learn it the first time, so the Lord doesn't send it again. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TMI? :)

I don't envy you. I have someone living in my home who finds nothing wrong in describing his bowel movements at the dinner table. I love the kid but some things don't need to be said.

My Life. My Story. My Chaos. said...

I have gas :)

Sherrylinn said...

Gee, thanks for sharing. At least you didn't describe your bowel movement and the like. (and if you do, I'll send you another stink bug!