Sunday, September 21, 2008

Take that satan!

Through many testimonies today, I discovered that the enemy has been on full attack mode within my church family. We took a stand today not only in our worship, but as a family, to stand and punch back. I've posted some of the things E and I went through this week. Almost each person had some sort of trial this week. Well, as one young man stated today....if we were not being attacked, we would not be doing something right. The devil is mad, so we are doing something right. Plans are to continue the outreach within the local community, continue our karaoke outreach, a free breakfast or lunch at least once a month, and a teen/young adult study on friday nights.

I've got to rearrange my schedule a little bit and make time for a more in-depth Bible study. I've got to be more prepared for the next attack. I know as a Christian it's not if, it's when. I cannot allow satan to win this battle. Life here on earth is short compared to eternity. We may not have all we want on this earth, but we have what we need. Sometimes it's hard to remember those two things. As humans we always want more, but we don't necessarily need more. What we need is the love, grace, and mercy of Jesus Christ. We must accept His free gift of salvation, believe He is the Messiah, and confess our sins to Him. Repent of those sins, and worship Him.

There's my little sermon for today.
As always,

Praise Jehovah

No comments: